Wednesday, March 31, 2010

evaluation:

There were many things in this book that I liked.One of the things I liked about the book was the attack on Pear Harbour. The auther took 13 pages leading up to where the japanese actually attacked Pear . Specificy I liked how he incorperated all the main characters while he had the japanese commander talking along with the U.S.A officals and not at one point was it confusing. I think that the book would have been a little better at this part if he didn't incude the fighter pilots talking back and forth because that was kinda of confusing.Another part of the book i liked was at the end when Eveyn and Rafe got back togther.After Danny died in the battle of Pearl ,Rafe and Eveyn got married ,had a kid and named it Danny in memory of their friend.

Beings I haven't read any other novels by Randal Wallace I can't very well compair his books. But if I would have to compair it to other novels of the same genre it would be "Battle of brittan."This book is based on the same time and pretty much the same events.I am compairing the two books for a big reason that rafe volunteered to fight in the Battle of brittan!.The two books are the similer because they both start out with young carefree boys with hopes of flying airplanes. They both end up doing just that, but they fly for the army. The endings are the same in that a main character dies and yet the book still has a happy ending to it. all in all both books are very well written and i enjoyed them both a loy :).

No comments:

Post a Comment