Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quotations

While I was reading the novel Pearl Harbour I came across a quot that I really like. the saying that I liked was first used near the begining of the book when Rafe and Danny were playing in the air plane. After rafRafe looked at Danny and said"land of the free" and Danny would always replie "home of the brave". The reason I like this quote is because I really like the feeling it gives me when I read it .The auther used this quot in the best of times . Danny and Rafe have finsihed their last mission randomly rafe says " land of the free..." and danny replied with "home of the brave". I just thought it fit right in with the mood of the book.

If I could give a good example of good writing it would be at the begining of the book where the auther is writing about Danny and Rafe in miliary trianing. He said things with detail about how they were flying like egales in the sky.In one scean Rafe and Danny kept flying after the officer told them to put down their aircraft. Danny and Rafe were talking about how they wer going to impress the officers with this next move. The auther said "for te people on te ground it looked like things were slow motion , for noone had ever attempted this ever" . The big trick was they passed by each others planes belly to belly without touching. I gave this as an example of good writing because the parts leading up to the trick was well discribed

No comments:

Post a Comment